Generali Pio was registered at the Modena Chamber of Commerce as an individual company in March 1948, and became a joint-stock company in the ’70s. The firm grew from what was initially the transportation of agricultural vehicles produced at the FIAT Tractors production plant in Modena. The offer soon expanded and, thanks to the opening of a second branch in Casinalbo connected to the Modena-Sassuolo railway line, Generali Pio became a major intermodal hub.
The vast range of services offered, then at the forefront, ranged from road transport to rail transport, from warehousing to the dismantling of parts on dedicated lines for the overseas shipping of agricultural vehicles and earth-moving machines. The company activity was developed later by adding services for palletized goods to those of logistics for vehicles.